Tuesday 17 May 2016

The new Nottingham residence


I expect some of you are wondering where I stay these days on visits to Nottingham, now that Human Granny's house has been sold.

Well I am delighted to report that Gail's friend Janet is proving a most accommodating hostess.

The wee house she bought last year is perfectly suited to my needs.

The double bed in Janet's spare room is most comfortable, and may even have space for Gail.

It is only a short walk from the house to a pretty, willow lined canal.

Although I'm not sure why Gail was looking nervous at this particular point as I inspected the lock...

Anyway, on Sunday afternoon, while Gail was visiting Human Granny, I showed my gratitude to Janet by volunteering to help her with some gardening.

I believe I understood it correctly, that my role was to transport soil from the recently dug flower bed to the kitchen floor?

Oh and I ate up some cat poo I found too.

At least Janet seemed pleased with me  'cos later she left a whole box of flapjacks out on the back doorstep, and of course, being a well brought up pup, I knew she would be insulted if I didn't consume them right away. And then lick the container clean.

Yes, all in all, it was most satisfactory visit.

I do hope I'll be invited again.

Oh, Gail is saying I have presented an "interesting" account of my stay, and that readers might just choose to put a different interpretation on the events reported here...

20 comments:

  1. Flapjacks - do ya think I can come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your friend Janet bought a wonderful house... I love it!!!... and a house with free Flapjacks is anyway the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh flapjacks, gardening, canals and cat poo?!!!!! What more does a WFT need?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey ..... flapjacks AND cat poo!!! Doesn't get any better than that, aye????

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOL MOL MOL Bertie the interpretation you gave sounds about like what I would expect from a WHFT. I think when you go through Newcastle your body takes on an alter ego. You gain special powers that allow you to do supernatural things and give your extra special taste buds. Ummmmm I would probably enjoy the flapjacks but REALLY BERTIE
    CAT POOOOOOOP! What were you thinking I hope you had a breath mint afterwards?
    Hugs Madi your bfffff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    My my Bertie lad; you sure do make a fine visitor ... am just sorry I never thought to bake up a batch of flapjacks just for you. Next time, eh? Can't compete with Janet's garden though - or the double bed. Did Gail enjoy the sofa? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and most accommodating hostess Janet is, and what a perfect guest you were. Well, except maybe for the cat poop incident..
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely visit! It sounds like you found the pawfect hostess and were the pawfect guest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD you were a PAWFECT house guest, Bertie. You were HELPFUL to your hostess. THAT is all that matters. We are SURE that you will be WANTED and WELCOMED back as often as you CHEWS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowser. Flapjacks and cat poo!! What a lucky dog you are. I have never tasted either and imagine I may never have the chance. So enjoy for all us deprived foxies!!! JH

    ReplyDelete
  11. the residence looks lovely, but oh dear Bertie you indulged in a dogs dark culinary secret. We are constantly trying to keep our dogs out of the litter weve tried many different boxes in our effort to keep the dogs out

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know who could always sleep on the floor
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are sure you must be a pawfect guest!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bertie, we think you were the perfect guest. Always thinking of your hostess and what she would want. Although, we think on your next visit to the canal lock, you may be forced to wear your Newcastle station harness....just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bertie - What other interpretation could there be ? Have you gone to see HG yet ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angus, I had a lovely visit with Human Granny and am delighted to report she is looking "affa bonny".
      Toodle pip!
      Bertie.

      Delete
  16. Bow wow, I enjoyed this very much! My name is Christmas and I am a 2 year old Dachshund running for da mayor of Blogville! My momma donates to doggy rescues every time someone joins our blog www.pawprovince.com so do you think you could give us a follow? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cutie, looks like Bertie had a wonderful day! Love your blog!
    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! That sounds (and looks) like a lovely place to visit indeed! I hope you get invited back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sure Janet appreciated your gardening help very much!

    ReplyDelete